Monday, July 28, 2008

Your Daily Hiatus

I am David Hasslehoff struggling to eat an In-N-Out Burger.
I am Robert Downey Jr. in Less Than Zero begging yet again for money.
I am that guy who misses every recital and swears never to do it again, then finds himself racing through traffic trying not to miss the latest one.

Put it this way: I am an unreliable writer, constantly slugging from the bottle of Occasional Updates and saying "Guysh, guysh, just one more week, one more week guysh." Now, I haven't been spending my time boozing or smoking, I've been grinding out a living at a coffee shop, but when writing is supposed to be your Real Thing and you keep failing to do any, you clearly need to take some action.

My action is to halt this blog until I can update the Goddamn thing more than once a month. More than once a week. I may start a different blog, one that fits my schedule and abilities, or I may just quietly resume updating.

In the meantime, I'm gonna work out a real, grown-up schedule and stick to it. Once I know I can do that, I can go back to thirsting for attention on the internets.

Wish me luck, and see you around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll put $5 on the kid with the face.

LJ said...

update this God damn blog!!!